Friday, August 19, 2011

To a Genius

Three weeks from today I will be entering the void of exchange students. Not that I am using void in a negative fashion, because that would be beyond preposterous! Not much excitement has occurred over the last couple of weeks, and it troubles me that I have no new data to inscribe on the face of the World Wide Web. It is as if I am frightened that if I neglect to explore my writing expertise, all that I have so far conquered will be annulled. I cannot yet say that this fear is unreasonable, because at the moment it seems quite plausible to me.
Tonight I would like to pay gratitude to the genius that has inspired my continuing of my passion. Sir William Shakespeare. I was once again reminded of his brilliance while investigating a few more documentaries and such. He was truly a man that knew how to plaster words together to make men weep, or cry tears of joy. I can only hope that one day his spirit will have some influence on me so that I may create such beauties.
The purpose of this post was not praise Shakespeare, nor to seemingly boast my own writing skill. In fact, I wished to share all my preparations that have taken place to far into my journey. As stated in my previous announcement, there isn’t much to do now that all my Rotary engagements are finished. This seems to have been and accurate assumption, because I have yet to do anything great in regards to my trip abroad. The closest thing that has happened was my preliminary packing, but I have already shared that with everyone. Now that I think back onto the purpose of this post, I did not have an idea going into this. Maybe it’s best that I just move on and commence with the rest of my summer – that has mostly consisted of watching Doctor Who or Big Brother (I am greatly ashamed to say that those are my guilty pleasures).
I feel that and epiphany has just come my way, and I think that I am going to pursue it. But its matters are of no relation to the one I am currently noting, thus I will be dedicating a whole post towards it (if it ever materializes to the standard of which I would not be ashamed to share it with my loyal companions). As it appears, I don’t like to deviate to far from the main focus of my postings, which may result in multiple per day. I infer that this will occur often in Germany for I will have so much to relay to those still in the United States. I sense that a great deal of my excitement for Germany directly correlates with the hordes of ideas that will be flowing through my mind that I can scribble down and quench my desires for writing.
And on that note:  Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment