Sunday, November 6, 2011

Adventures in Kelheim

It was only a few weeks ago that JNG Rohr had its experience with the French exchange students! It seems that once you are an exchange student you can’t – and never will be able to – avoid them! They are like a disease running rampant in society… and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
The exchange agency chose the single worst week to host the exchange students because it was the one of my Berlin Tour as well! That meant that I only had a few days to mingle with them, but fret not because exchange students become instant friends with each other!
A few hours after they had disembarked from the grand bus that had tolled them for the last eight hours through half of France and half of Germany, many of them were skirted away to a party. I was lucky enough to be at this party, and it was quite fun! But I was apparent that the two sides of the room had been split by nationalities. I, having no other Americans to mingle with, kept floating between one side and the other. And let me tell you, I really like it this way! Of course, most of the French exchange students had a very low level of English under their belts, but that did not stop me from befriending them and having a few good laughs (even though I am sure that some of them were at my expense!)
I am sure the next day most of them were in need of some aspirin and sleep, but because of the lack of time they had in wonderful Bavaria we had to make haste with their activites! The Sunday morning began far too early, and far too coldly! I went on a panoramic bike ride with Anna-Lena and company, which left my ears cold. But luckily my stomach was warm from all the laughter that it had expelled!
It was long after that that we went to Kelheim! You might remember Kelheim from a previous post, when I visited the Danube with Gerta and Sabine’s grandmother. The comparative of these two occasions put a little thought into my head “it doesn’t matter where you are, but the people you are with.” Even though I did almost the same things with both parties, my experiences were far from similar! It makes me quite excited that I have so many memories tucked under my belt! Now if only I could blog more often and cement them into my brain!
All in all, I had the time of my life the few days that the French students were here. I even got a few of them to dance with me during the dance lessons (and let me tell you, they weren’t that difficult to look at either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment