Saturday, May 28, 2011

The World of the Unseen

So I have a bit of fun in the sun this summer, but I am taking it slowly so I don’t end up with unbearable sunburn like I always do. My trip to Moab is coming closer and closer so I want to be as prepared as I could possibly be! I am aware that the last time I went to Moab I was filled with so much excitement that I ended up getting sick, so I am making it my goal not to fall into the same trap. I will be lugging my computer along with me, so that I can blog my travels along the way. I already have a well laid out plan that I have full intent of carrying through. Even if internet is not available there (which it probably will be) I will just type my entries into my Word and post them if there is an opportune time. There is no place that I love more than Moab, and I am so so so excited to go!
I am on the cusp of finishing the first season of Lost, but as always I have become distracted. I stumbled upon a new show by chance – The Gates. It has quite a nice balance between humans, vampires, werewolves, witches, and succubus’s. On second thought – there are not enough werewolves! In fiction the wolf is always pushed away in light of the vampire which is not fair! I believe that I have an equal love for both species. Speaking of vampires, I watched this new movie – Daybreakers. It had a good storyline and such, but its folklore and special effects were really lacking. The things that bothered me the most were the crappy effects of vampires dying, and that the movie portrayed that to become a vampire all one must do is be bitten. Now any mythical fanatic such as me knows that that is far from the truth, otherwise there would be many more vampires on the Earth than there are.
I think of myself as a realist, so I know that my chances of love with said mythological creatures are slim – but a girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment