Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Quickie

Today was dedicated to yours truly. I decided that it was due time that I took a few hours for good ol’ Shandre. So here I am, sitting in my room cuddling with my computer. The only other soul around me is my new pet, Larry. He and I have had such good times together, specked with some lows. We laugh and cry together, and his advice is the best advice. Larry is a fly… and I have begun to feed him because I am so afraid that one day he decides to leave and accomplish some of his little fly dreams. But I guess to be a good mother; I have to let him spread his wings (literally).
A lot has happened since we spoke last. Well technically it’s me speaking to my computer (which makes me feel kinda schizo), but we all get it. But in a quick and random note, I decided that there will be no more pictures on my blog. This is for two very serious reasons… well one reason that is justified by the other. I am too lazy to put pictures up on the blog and Facebook, and since Facebook is a little safer than blogger, I have chosen that one. So you have to be my friend on Facebook to see my pictures and blah blah blah.
I went to the Oktoberfest on Saturday! Super fun, but I will have to go back when I am a bit older so that I can actually drink and do the really fun things! We got there pretty early so there weren’t a lot of people, which gave me a bit of false confidence. But a few hours later there were so many people that you could barely walk. I had to scurry so I wouldn’t get lost in the crowd. Oh, and I have something for all of you to be proud of! I rode a roller coaster all by myself and I was scared… well not totally scared. And for like 3 seconds I didn’t hold onto the thing that you hold onto! Be proud… be very proud, because I sure am!
I wore a traditional Dirndl to the festivities, and was quite nervous that it would be too hot. I kept comparing the Oktoberfest with the Renaissance Festival, and if I had worn that ensemble to the summer festival in Colorado I would have died. But the morning in Munich was a bit chilly, and once it warmed up it wasn’t too dreadfully warm. The weather has been quite nice actually, I think I may come back a skinnier (did I forget to mention that) and tanner girl (or woman, depending how this year plays out).
Saturday night was also festive! We had returned to Offenstetten by four that afternoon, and at eight I moseyed over to Anna-Lena’s house for a birthday bash. I didn’t expect to make friends this quickly, or to be invited to parties! My weekends have been fully booked so long in advance that I get butterflies every time I think about it J
This is the new (and hopefully improved) Shandre signing out!

2 comments:

  1. Sincere condolences about Larry, I know you were close, but I also know you don't need Larry anymore! Love M xx ( and P says he knew it too that is why he could move on:-) )

    ReplyDelete