Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday Night Fever

Recently I have been devoting days to Shandre, but Today I realized that I don’t need to take an occasional day for Shandre, because every day is meant for me and I am going to make it mine!
 “Always say yes” and “Make the first move” proved to be the most valuable advice given to me during exchange. I have done things in the last three weeks that I would never have seen myself doing. And I can’t be more proud of myself – even if that makes me seem like a narcissist. I have become more self-confident and more self-relying, and a bigger and stronger person (not physically… because that would be the opposite :P)
A few days ago, just as I was struggling to escape the rut I fell into, I asked a friend in my village if she would accompany me on a walk with Indie. I doubted she would say yes, because I was in a very self-sorrowful mood, but to my pleasant surprise she agreed. Anna-Lena was also an exchange student (in Canada), so I could talk to her about things that only other exchange students would truly understand.
My school day usually ends around one, and after eating lunch I have a lot of time to kill. Since I can’t do the homework I am confined to my computer or the TV, which usually pushes me into a hole that is more difficult to get out of than to fall into. But thanks to my newfound friends, they threw me a ladder and pulled me out.
I did Zumba today! It was some of the most fun I have had on exchange and it revitalized me with a new energy! I was surrounded by friends and music and good-hearted people. It felt as all the bad and negative feelings were escaping my soul through the seat and breath than flowed out of me.  And it turns out that I am not too bad of a dancer either J

No comments:

Post a Comment