Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why I am here...

So the question that I always have when I begin to read someones blog is why they created in the first place. Bringing me to the main point of this post, I created this blog for several reason, but the main reason is that I wish to create a blog I can continue when and if I get to study abroad next year. It will be super awesome if I have accounts of everything I do so that when I look back at it I will remember the good memories. Since my voyage of the Youth Exchange Program application process is already underway, I must revert to a few weeks ago. November the 6th to be exact is when I had my first interview with Mr. Neil DiLorenzo. I felt pretty good about it and he said that I had a good chance of being accepted. I haven't gotten too excited yet for if I end up not being chosen to go I don't want to be more disappointed by high expectations. Damn I am really beginning to sound like my Buddhist mother! Anyways whenever I tell people about my plans to go study abroad their first question is where I am going. I do not have a clue where I am going, nor do I have a strong preference. I will take whatever I can get! Scotland would be fantastic though for they accents that just roll of the tongue and melt in my heart. Sadly, Scotland isn't on the list of places I could go. Oh well, Germany or Switzerland or The Netherlands or ANYWHERE would be the best thing ever.
So the question I have been asked numerous amounts of times during the applications and interviews is what I want to do with my life. World Peace :) as cliche as that sounds. I plan to be a full time Philanthropist, even though it means that wealth won't find me often through life. I want to go around the world helping people with whatever they need, education, health, or just someone to talk to. That is why the Maasai School Project and Interact Club are so important to me. I think it was meant to be that I become a Philanthropist because it was by chance that I stumbled in the Interact Club. The Toy Drive and the Candy Cane Grams are going to be so fun to do, and they have presented themselves to be utterly entertaining since I began to work on them.
No other news concerning that, so I shall depart and hopefully do something more productive than what my weekend has consisted of thus far.

1 comment:

  1. I love Interact club. I joined last year but didn't manage to do anything. So this year I have participated in lots of fundraisers. We have helped at community dinners and we had our annual dodgeball tournament at our school. About twenty or thirth teams of friends are made of fove kids on each team. each kid pays five dollars and we raise money for our choice of fundraiser, which this year was shoot cameras not guns. I also like meeting the new people and the good feeling that you get from helping people
    Its the best in the world <3

    ReplyDelete